Water flood can happen when you expect less! During an emergency, effective planning and proper timing can save you a lot of money. HAPPY CLEAN LTD will limit the loss in may suffer in a disaster and you can count on us specialists to respond to an emergency quickly and efficiently.
Damage resulting from water flood can cause permanent damage to your valuable items. This is especially a possibility if the emergency response does not arrive within the first 48 hours.
STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOU DETECT WATER DAMAGE
* The first thing is to stay calm so that you can think clearly
* Close down the water main. Shut off all the sources of water so that the flooding stops.
* Call us straight away! We work 7 days a week and one of our agents will always take your call no matter the hour
* Put aluminium foil under the legs of the furniture that is in contact with wet carpet to prevent furniture from staining the carpet
* Remove fabrics, papers, books, potted plants, shoes and other items capable of staining the wet carpet.
THINGS TO AVOID WHEN YOU DETECT WATER DAMAGE
* Do not use the home vacuum, there is a risk of electrical shock.
* Avoid placing newspapers in the areas where you or other people walk, as the ink can transfer to the wet fibers.
* Don’t walk on the carpet, unless it’s necessary.
Even if you are successful in removing all the standing water from your home, everything may remain damp and wet. Don’t hesitate using our professional cleaning services to ensure the water is extracted from the carpet. Time is the essence and studies show that starting the drying of a home within the first 24 hours and completely drying it withing 3 days will prohibit the growth of molds and mildews.